Greater Than Gatsby Annual Scholarships
2023 Scholarship Winners
Greater Than Gatsby is very happy to announce that the 5th annual scholarship awards of $1,000 each have been awarded to:
- Lauren Steed – Union University
- Madison Hardwick – Belmont University
Established by Greater Than Gatsby as part of a new initiative to establish a channel of support for the next generation, the Greater Than Gatsby Annual Scholarship supports the future of visual art and content creators. Greater Than Gatsby was born in 2012. Today, we are one of the leading creators worldwide of Innovative, professional and high-quality and Lightroom Presets and Photoshop Actions. Two (2) recipients will receive $1,000 USD each to be used to help pay their tuition and academic expenses to an accredited non-profit college/university or vocational/technical school in the United States.
- You must be a recently accepted high-school student, undergraduate or graduate student from an accredited college/university in the United States.
- You must be majoring in any type of art, communications, english, film, fine arts, journalism, multimedia, photography and visual arts.
- You must be able to provide proof of your identity if you are chosen as the winner. Qualified ID is a student id or driver’s license.
To apply please complete the following:
- Submit 3 photos demonstrating your best photography. Photos should be no larger than 1,000px on the longest side and 72dpi.
- Write a short essay of at least 500 words describing your interest in photography and/or the relation of photography to your chosen career or passion.
- Include your Name, Address and Phone Number.
- Include the name of the school you are or will be attending along with the address and phone number to their financial aid office.
- Submit your entry with all files in a zip file to firstname.lastname@example.org with the following subject line:
Gatsby Scholarship Submission – Your Name
Winners Announcement and Award
- The deadline for submissions is May 1st of each year.
- The winners will be notified by email and announced on our website one month after the deadline on June 1st of each year.
- The scholarships will be paid in a co-payable check sent to the winner’s school.
Title: Greater Than Gatsby Annual Scholarship
Deadline: May 1st of each year.
Award Date: June 1st of each year.
# Of Winners Each Year: 2
Amount: $1,000 USD (Dollars)
Frequency: Once a year.
Eligibility Requirement #1: Recently accepted high-school student, undergraduate or graduate student from an accredited college/university in the United States.
Eligibility Requirement #2: Majoring in any type of art, communications, english, film, fine arts, journalism, multimedia, photography and visual arts.
Entry Requirements: 3 Photos & Essay.
2022 Scholarship Winners
- Renee Althouse – Pennsylvania College of Art and Design
- Vivian Wall – UC Berkeley
2021 Scholarship Winners
- Charissa Graves – California Baptist University
- Ashley Whitehurst – SCAD
- Zachary Kennedy – Ferris University
2020 Scholarship Winners
- Jackson Fowler – Ringling College of Art & Design
- Alexis Karr – Savannah College of Art & Design
- James Hernandez – Texas A&M
2019 Scholarship Winner
- Joshua M. Foglietta – Liberty University
Additional Photographer Scholarship Opportunities
The Photographer.org Academic Scholarships are annual $1,000 scholarships to be used to help pay tuition and academic expenses to an accredited non-profit college/university or vocational/technical school in the United States. Click Here to Learn More.